Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#004 Gelatinous Cube



For my Fourth entry! I'm going with another classic, The Gelatinous Cube! (as chosen by my Girlfriend, Mel) Also in SUPER-SPECIAL COLOR.

This is another one of those monsters that are clearly better used by wizards in their crazy-ass dungeons to keep as cheap guards and such. But, unlike the last wizard-made monster I posted, The Owlbear, it's NOWHERE near as stupid sounding or acting. In fact, under the right circumstances, this thing can be outright troublesome. That is, unless your dealing with players that have dealt with one before.

I'll need to look up the exact book, but Paizo tossed in some variants on this guy. My favorite might have been the 'Gelatinous Sphere' made by crazier wizards more or less treating like their playdough guards.

Hope to see you next time. I have a cool idea for the next entry, but I'm not 100% certain it will work out how I think it will. Only one way to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment