Tuesday, September 20, 2011

#006 Intellect Devourer


This guy. Now this is one I've never really spent time thinking about. As a matter of fact, I've never really taken a good look at the stats either. But one thing is for certain, this little guy is a memorable image. How the hell are you going to forget seeing a picture of a brain with it's own set of little rodent legs? I sure as hell never will.

As I said, I've never really taken a good look at it's stats. But as I'm typing this on my iPad, I've got the stats up on my computer from D20PFSRD.com, so I'll make some comments of my impressions. (speaking of which, that site is an invaluable resource if your playing/running a Pathfinder RPG. I used to contribute here and there early on, but have lacked the time and energy to keep up with helping, but I'll sure as hell mention it to whoever might be able to use it.)

Ok here goes the stat thoughts. Wow, a bit tougher to hit to death with pure violence than I thought it would be. Good DR and pretty resistant to a few things. SNEAK ATTACK?? With four claws, that could put the hurt on the character that didn't happen to notice the walking brain in the room. Nice spell like ability list too.

I could definitely see this as being a tough thing to deal with for a party that wasn't expecting it. And would just be a sad fight if for whatever reason they started with the upper hand. I also makes me think about some cool villain concepts, like having a party have to deal with it early on as a reoccurring antagonist, maybe it's using it's stolen bodies to commit crimes, then dumping them off for new ones every time. Then by the time the heroes get around to catching on, they'd be tough enough to take it on... I like it.

Alright, folks. It was a good one, I hope, and I'll try to get another one out before too long. It's tougher than I thought to get used to updating a blog somewhat regularly. Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment